Sri Ram Narayan Singh
Memorial High School is a co-educational school offering
education according to both the ICSE and ISC syllabi.
The school has 1000 students and 45 teaching staff. Classes
are held in two shifts:
1 to V: 6.40 A.M. to 11.10 A.M.
Classes VI to X: 11.10 A.M to 4.50 P.M.
Classes XI & XII: 6.30 A.M to 11.10 A.M.
Established in the year 1963 by
Late Prof. Ram Narayan Singh
and Late Smt. Tribeni Singh,
the school is situated in the Northern part of Calcutta
near Girish Park and Manicktolla. It is recognized by
the Department of Education, Government of West Bengal
for both the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
and the Indian School Certificate Examinations. The medium
of instruction is English. Bengali and Hindi are compulsory
subjects at certain stages.
This school has been established for the propagation
of education among children, to
build their personalities, to inculcate in
them patriotism and
|The school was founded in the year 1963 by Late Prof. Ram Narayan Singh and Late Smt. Tribeni Singh. Both of them were Professors of renowned colleges in Calcutta. Sri.R.N.Singh was one of the pioneers in the introduction of Hindi in many colleges. He established Bharatiya Hindi Shiksha Parishad from where many non Hindi speaking people were able to learn Hindi - The National Language. He also received awards and certificates from many great Indian Personalities. |